CISCO UCS COOKBOOK
Cisco UCS Cookbook
Publication Date: 03/21/2016 - Complete Document
Over 40 practical recipes to get your hands dirty with the powerful Cisco UCS and overcome various challenges
About This Book
• Master the skills of minimizing cost, enabling your business to work faster by reducing cycle times for reporting and improving overall revenue
• Work through hands-on recipes for efficient deployment approaches, see computing techniques, and explore new operational models with UCS
• Render a better work-flow management, ensure effective monitoring, and learn new deployment paradigms for the operational infrastructure with the help of this book
Who This Book Is For
This book is for competent system/network or storage administrators who are working with Cisco UCS, but now want to learn new ways to compute UCS.
What You Will Learn
• Familiarize yourself with information on the latest information on memory management practices, virtualization architectures, and the specific technical advantages of UCS
• Get a concrete understanding of integrating processes and techniques to ensure effective convergence of LAN/SAN
• Get to know the best practices of Cisco UCS, EMC Storage, and VMware vSphere
• Master migrating data from other band servers or Blade to Cisco UCS
• Comprehend how to replicate and back up UCS to remote sites UCS
• Assimilate innovative techniques to deploy UCS to leverage its full potential
• Gather information on installing and configuring automatic and manual Pinning
• Discover ways to integrate a system in Cisco UCS
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is a data center server platform that is used for computing, deploying, and storing resources in data center environments. This cookbook aims to teach you about various tasks you can implement to improve your existing method of configuring and deploying UCS. You will start by learning how to upgrade your firmware on Brocade and Cisco Fibre Channel Switch and will move on to enhance your knowledge of LAN connectivity. We will then discuss how to configure Windows 2008 and 2012 local boot in Cisco UCS. Next, you will learn how to install the operating system on Cisco UCS and use Cisco UCS Power Calculator to calculate the UCS consumption. Finally, we’ll take a look at backup solutions.
By the end of the book, you will know several ways to build and compute in data center environment using Cisco UCS.
Style and approach
This guide explains every task in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. You can open this book up to the task you want to learn and will be able to perform that task by the end of the recipe.
Document Type : Complete Document
Language : English
Page Count : 364
Publication Date : 03/21/2016
Revision : 16
Status : Current
Title : Cisco UCS Cookbook